Saturday, January 05, 2008

Short post today

Posted to LJ on January 5th, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Today...I had to tell my SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR supervisor why it was not appropriate for all users on the network to have local Administrator rights on ALL PC's.

Today...when my DIRECTOR OF IT was running a meeting reviewing the checklist on how we will migrate over to a different e-mail server, he said one of the steps was to check where the user's archive file is presently located (if it is not in the default location that Outlook uses) so we can open it again after we migrate their account. Then I followed up by saying that we will have to re-point the auto archive settings to that location, rather than the default. He didn't understand what I meant. I had to break it down to elementary terms for him. And even then, he still had that spacey look in his eyes like he only half understood.

All I can do is shake my head.

No comments: