Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's not fiction, I can't make this up!

Actual excerpt from e-mail:
(Names and company have been changed. Per normal, the e-mail chain starts at the bottom.)

From: me
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:36 PM
To: Sysadmin
Subject: RE:

yes, check her signature. new employee, started Monday

me
IT Helpdesk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: SysAdmin
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:36 PM
To: me
Subject: RE:

Is she staff?

Thanks,
SysAdmin
Systems Administrator
IT Department
Company Name
Company Address
Office:401-555-1111
Cell: 401-555-1111
SysAdmin@thiscompany.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: me
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:17 PM
To: SysAdmin
Subject: FW:

We need to add her to the FM_Staff group for her to get this access, correct?

me
IT Helpdesk
(phone number)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Jane New-Employee
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:16 PM
To: me
Subject:

IT - I am trying to schedule a conference room and it is coming back undeliverable saying no access allowed. Can you please look into and hook me up. Thanks.

Jane New-Employee, Project Manager
Department Name
Company Name and Address
Providence, RI 00000-0000
401-555-1234

No comments: