Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ID-EEE-OT!!!

(insert string of expletives here)

Holy cheese and crackers!!!!!!

SysAdmin strikes again!

I ask him a simple question. He and some other people got new laptop setups (docking station, monitor, keyboard, etc.) to replace their regular desktop PC. I ran a report last week and the CPU speed showed as 777MHz. I ran the same report today and now the CPU speed shows as 1994MHz. The other four identical laptops we got at exactly the same time are still showing as 777MHz. So I sent him an e-mail (mind you he sits RIGHT NEXT TO ME, with half cube walls and all, but we e-mail each other all the time) asking him how he increased the speed, and maybe we should do it to the other laptops too.

He starts this back and forth with me like I am the goddamned Spanish Inquisition ("No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!") He asks me what do I mean; then if I am referring to "overclocking" or an incorrect speed setting; and then whether I am referring specifically to him or to all the laptops; that his laptop has not been on the network since last week; that our remote network management tool must be reading wrong; and finally that he didn't do anything to the machine that would have changed the CPU speed.

I SENT HIM THE LINES IN MY EXCEL REPORT SHOWING THE FIRST ENTRY AND THEN THE SECOND!

That was when he told me he didn't do anything that would have changed the CPU speed.

Um...hello?

THEN WHO DID?!?!

No one has had their hands on this laptop since we imaged it....except YOU. So, um, it would stand to reason, that, um, YOU DID IT - inadvertantly or not.

This fucking guy......what a maroon!

No comments: