Monday, April 07, 2008

Do as I say...

You know what I love? I love that my SysAdmin takes TOTAL advantage when the Boss Guy is out of the office for any reason. Wednesdays, Boss Guy leaves early to coach his kid's wrestling team. Every Wed, SysAdmin leaves early too. This week Boss Guy is in California at a conference until Thursday. Today, SysAdmin guy got in at 1:30 (dentist appts for his kids.) And he left at 5:00 pm on the dot! How much you wanna bet that tomorrow he is in late and leaves early? I would bet big money on it.

Yet, when I turn in my time card with 45 fucking minutes of overtime on it, for the evening I rebooted a server FROM HOME, at 11:00 PM AT NIGHT, I get questioned on it by him.

Yeah. I love that.

This toolbag is going to sit in on my review next Thursday too. We'll see how that goes. I rated myself Meets Expectations on some things, but Exceeds on a handful too, with good reason, I say. I am betting that Boss Guy knocks them all down to Meets and gives me a 3.5% cost of living increase. I am going to have to take issue with that considering he has been giddy lately at all the money our department is getting to purchase equipment and how easily he has gotten it all approved in comparison to last year. And he as much as SAID that ease is because of me and my co-worker and all our hard work over the past year. So he better put that money where his mouth is.

Feh.

No comments: